Chair Yoga Teacher Training
-with Stacey Lubets, E-RYT 500
Saturday October 19 and Sunday October 20, 2019
This two-day training is designed for yoga teachers, healthcare practitioners, wellness professionals or anyone with students or clients who may have difficulty getting down on the floor due to age, body size, inflexibility or other physical limitations. Chair yoga is also a useful way to incorporate yoga into the classroom or office setting. When we bring our yoga practice off the floor and into a chair, it becomes more accessible, sustainable and easier to integrate into a variety of different settings.
Participants in this training will learn to:
- Effectively plan and teach safe and transformative chair yoga classes
- Creatively adapt yoga poses to fit the needs of the students
- Discern student limitations and identify precautions and contraindications
- Incorporate meditation, breath work and relaxation techniques into any chair yoga class
- Bring all the joys and benefits of yoga to a wider variety of students/clients
For yoga teachers, healthcare/wellness professionals, classroom teachers, counselors or yoga students. It is highly recommended that participants have at least 15 hours of yoga experience. Participants will receive a training manual and are eligible for CEC’s from Yoga Alliance.
Space is limited, with priority given to first time participants. Returning participants are welcome on a space-available basis, contact Lynnette at Yoga Center of Cape Cod for details.
Location: Yoga Center of Cape Cod, 1604 Route 6A, (PO Box 58)
East Dennis, MA 02641
Dates/Times: Saturday October 19- 1-6pm
Sunday October 20- 9am-4pm
Cost: $450, Early Bird Registration (before Sept 1)- $400
- Workshop Cancellation Policy:
If you sign up and pay for the workshop and are unable to attend please contact us to cancel at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled time of the workshop. If your request for cancellation is received within the 48 hours period that is required you can get a refund minus $20.00 processing fee.
- Absence to a workshop is non-refundable, If you cancel the day prior or on the day of the workshop or after it has taken place, a refund or credit will not be possible.
To register, go to www.yogacenterofcapecod.com
About the Instructor:
Stacey Lubets is an E-RYT 500 yoga teacher and has received specialized training in Chair Yoga, Adaptive Yoga, Y12SR, Curvy Yoga, Yoga for Eating Disorders, and Yoga for Emotional Health. She has taught chair yoga classes at senior centers, a retirement community, a pain center, the YMCA, the JCC, corporate events, private clients and more. Stacey currently teaches traditional and chair yoga classes, as well as therapeutic yoga at an eating disorder treatment center. For more information, visit www.staceyyoga.com.