Sasa offers Yoga on the beach in West Dennis everyday at 7:30 am. See her website for details and restrictions. http://zenyogaandmassage.com/
Mind Body Online (MBO) has created a Streaming service. ~YOU need to REGISTER for next streaming class via MindBody ~ about 15-30 minutes before the class begins, MBO will send you an EMAIL with the direct link all you do is click on it! Double check your email is accurate in the MBO Profile. ~ See you then! 🙂 Be well
Facebook: page and group
Try to Breathe, Meditate and Move everyday! Insight Timer is great app for music and guided meditations.
Be well, Lynnette and staff
Yoga Center of Cape Cod opened its doors October 1998 in this location!
read more at : http://ccyogacenter.com/about/
Music, Meditation, And How To Finally Commit To It W/ Jason Campbell – Becoming SuperHuman
“Mastery begins with the mindset, and the commitment to mastery.”
— Jason Campbell
Today we are joined by Jason Campbell. He is the co-founder of a company called Zen Wellness, and he is someone that I met at Genius Network, Joe Polish’s mastermind, which I’ve joined in the last year.
Jason is really interesting, mainly because he combines a couple of different disciplines. Obviously entrepreneurship, but he also comes from a long line of musicians, and brings to it an aspect of well-being, which he teaches through the Easter disciplines of Qigong, Tai Chi, Taoist medicine and philosophy.
He is a 7th-degree black belt, he is an accomplished pianist, and he composes meditation and training music, of which he currently has 5 albums (The 5 Elements of Om Mani Padme Hum, which has been #1 on Amazon in its category for almost 2 years). He also has 3 more albums in production for release in 2018.
I wanted to talk to Jason to get a better understanding of practical and applied mindfulness. As a Westerner, I think he has an interesting perspective on all of these things, and as an entrepreneur, I think he has a lot to share about how we can actually integrate these stuff into our lives.
We all know, from 50 episodes of this show, and tons of other media and press coverage, that we should be doing meditation. But how many of you have actually done it more than once in the last week? I know I haven’t, as I’ve gotten really bad in my meditation practice, and that’s exactly what Jason’s message is about. It is that there are simple and easy ways that you can implement meditation in your daily life that aren’t painful, so that you actually do it.
We start there, and then the conversation goes on into mindfulness, the beauty of learning music, why there are benefits to both, and more. I think you are really going to enjoy this episode!
In this episode, we discuss:
- Who is Jason Campbell and what does he do? [5:45]
- How did Jason get into Eastern philosophies? [6:30]
- The power of listening to the silence [7:00]
- The importance of being present [8:50]
- What impact did meditation have on Jason Campbell’s life? [10:20]
- Body, energy, and spirit [10:50]
- Releasing thoughts instead of blocking them [14:30]
- How can you start working towards a little more of presence? [18:40]
- Jason Campbell’s meditation music [20:00]
- The attention span of humans [21:45]
- The 5 elements [23:40]
- How can you use Jason Campbell’s music? [27:35]
- The ‘monkey mind’ we all have [30:00]
- Listening to a sample of Jason’s music [31:40]
- How should breathing align with the music? [34:30]
- The magic of music [35:40]
- How music can help you develop new skills and aspects of your personality [38:40]
- The importance of commitment [41:45]
- Creativity and mindfulness [43:10]
- Some homework to help you develop mindfulness [44:55]
- Don’t dwell to emotions and past mistakes [46:50]
- Meditation is more important the more you juggle [48:00]
- Jason Campbell’s takeaway message [50:30]
Resources Mentioned in This Episode:
- Zen Wellness
- The 5 Elements of Om Mani Padme Hum
- Our previous episode with Danielle LaPorte (psychedelics reference)
- Microsoft Data Study on Attention Span
- Zen Wellness Music
- Jason Campbell’s episode with John Bowen
Favorite Quotes from Jason Campbell:
“When you hear the silence, your mind gets less cluttered.”
“We have somewhere between 60.000 and 100.000 thoughts per day, and the 98%-99% of those thoughts are the exact same ones you had yesterday.”
“When you’re dealing with wellness, it’s not just your physical health, but it’s also your emotional health.”
“Say to yourself ‘I wonder what thought I’m going to have next’.”
“We can take any phenomenon, and we can divide into 5 [elements].”
“Music forces you to listen.”
“The first step of any journey is the commitment to it.”
“Creativity comes through space.”
“Take 1 song, for 5 minutes, sit down, shut up, and breathe!”
I wanted to thank you for your classes and your studio. I enjoy your & Carrie’s classes so much and learn so much every time. It’s a great studio with a warm feeling. I always feel welcome and comfortable there. I really appreciate! You’ve done a great job! (AM)
I was a little intimidated to try yoga, but Lynnette and the students at Cape Cod Yoga Center were very welcoming. The classes are designed to accommodate beginners as well experienced students. Lynnette offers great pointers for improving your poses, but doesn’t overwhelm you with too much information. I am hooked! I signed up for the unlimited yoga package. (Louise H)
Master Michael Leone with Lynnette Walker for her 200 hour certificate graduation in Nashua NH Sept 2013; 500 hour certificate September 2016.
Classes are offered: Sat 9 am; Mon 3:30 pm; Thursday 9 am. Master’s Path Teacher Training Tuesday and Wednesday. See schedule for details.
And for more general info please visit: http://www.zenwellness.com/